Personality

So a friend of mine recently posted a blog about the 16 personalities, and her exploration of her own personality type.

I didn't want to copy her (sorry Gabby!) but ever since I took the test, I have been amazed at what a difference it makes to understand myself a little better.

The Myers Brigg personality test has you answer many multiple choice questions and in the end gives you a four letter identity. I took the test multiple times on multiple sites, and every single time, I was an INFJ.



This type of personality is the rarest, making up between 1 and 3 percent of the population and has a unique way of looking at the world.
INFJ's are introverted, but can be confused and thought to be extroverted because they enjoy observing and taking part in the social world.
They hold strong in their beliefs and morals, can be stubborn, must have a plan, take to leadership well, and tend to have strong written skills.
INFJ's see pattern' and connections easily, and store details about people.
They don't open up to just anyone, and when they do let someone in, they hold that person to high standards.

Any of this sound right?

Because as I was reading multiple sites with information, I couldn't help but be surprised at how dead on it was. I read some to Nathan, and he completely agreed. I am stubborn, and a compulsive planner. I take on projects and I am firm in my moral beliefs. I know Nathan and Lindsay (my best friend) so well that it sometimes surprises them.

But what surprised me the most was how much it helped me to read all of the information I could find. I knew that I needed downtime after any social engagement (even if I just go to Wal*Mart and run into several people I know). But I had never actually planned for it. Now I have started to make an effort to spend thirty minutes a day by myself, reading or writing, and thinking. It has made me calmer and gives me more energy.

It has also helped me to realize that, not everyone thinks like I do. I get upset when Nathan can't remember what I order at a favorite restaurant, but not everyone studies people the way that I do. I study their interactions, style, expressions, phrases, preferences, and beliefs. I store that information, which (I admit) is a little weird. It's helpful to me, though, because I like to plan surprises and sweet gestures for friends, and if I don't know them well, I couldn't do that.

I would encourage you to go take the test, it may be completely off base, or it may help you to understand yourself a little better, and who wouldn't want that?

xoxo,
Camille

Comments

Popular Posts