My Thoughts on #selfiesunday

My sister-in-law posted this quote a couple weeks ago, and it stuck with me.

"I'm definitely pro-selfie. I think that anybody who's anti-selfie is really just a hater. Because, truthfully, why shouldn't people take pictures of themselves? When I'm on Instagram and I see that somebody took a picture of themselves, I'm like, "Thank you." I don't need to see a picture of the sky, the trees, or plants. There's only one you. I could Google image search 'the sky' and would probably see beautiful images to knock my socks off. But I can't Google, you know, 'What does my friend look like today?' For you to be able to take a picture of yourself that you feel good enough about to share with the world- I think that's a great thing." - Ezra Koenig


I've noticed myself taking a lot of selfies lately. I don't post them all, and I'm a lot more likely to post them to IG than anywhere else, but I take a lot of pictures of myself. Why?

Well, I think it's because I'm feeling more confident and happier.
I never wanted to take a ton of pictures of myself when I felt overweight or when I was sad.
I didn't want to document my face when I was stressed out and my smile felt forced.
But lately, I'm an optimistic healthier version of me, and I love to document that through pictures.

And I love to see selfie's of my friends too because if you're posting a picture of yourself to be critiqued by the social media world, then you are feeling confident about that picture. You are feeling good about yourself, and who doesn't want to see their friends feeling good?

Comments

Popular Posts