Snowpocalypse, Sleepovers and Snow Cream (February Learning)

1.) Snow Cream is awesome!
Despite growing up in an area that was known for canceling school when the snow was taller than the shortest kindergartner, I had never had or made snow cream.
I was so missing out; it is awesome!

2.) A broom, a baking sheet and small trash can can dig you out of snowmaggedon if you were too in denial to buy a snow shovel.
Okay, at first we figured it was an exaggeration, we've never seen this much snow in Kentucky, so we assumed rushing out to buy a snow shovel wasn't needed. By the time we realized that this was a serious storm, everything that resembled a snow shovel had been purchased. So, much to the amusement of our neighbors, I tackled the snow with a broom (that was sacrificed to the cause), the small trash can, and a baking sheet (that bent in the middle and therefore was also mostly sacrificed to the cause).

3.) Sleepovers with your bestie are just as exciting when you're in your 20's as in your teens.
I remember that around age 13 the most exciting thing you could possibly do on the weekend was have a sleepover at your best friend's house. That doesn't change when you get older. Tomorrow night I get to have a girly sleepover that will involve eating Thai food, having a glass of wine, and probably not going to bed till 2 or 3am. I can't wait!

4.) How to Take a Head Shot
Work contacts (read: College presidents, CAO's and other fairly important/intimidating peeps) have started to add me on LinkedIn. Until a week ago, my picture was a selfie. A flattering enough selfie, but still, not exactly what I wanted my profile to convey. So I pinned some tips, took one of the snowed in days, and took some pictures that I could feel more confident using in my professional life.
They're far from perfect, but they work!


As usual, my mishmash learning is linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky, feel free to do the same!

Comments

Popular Posts