Coloring, Snow Tubing, Hyland Life [January Learning]

 In the spirit of "Persevere," and to stop accepting crap and demand more, I've decided to start each month with some way I am holding to that. This month, it came in the form of my job.  I was not pleased with the way things were going at my job, and I found something new. I started working at my new job January 25, and I love it.

The perks include a masseuse and nail salon on site, the ability to wear jeans (or even leggings) to the office, a gym and daycare in the building, and building one has two slides that are completely meant for adults to use. I am genuinely happy going to work again, which is a feeling I lost when I left Kentucky, and it is so nice to sit here on a Sunday evening and look forward to the start of the week.

Now onto my regular learning:

1.) No matter how much time you've spent at the Cleveland Clinic, you can still get lost.

Since I've been with Nathan I've spent time at the Clinic. Not a little time, a lot of time. But for the first time I had to get him admitted through the ER, so my car was parked outside of the emergency room at 5:00 pm. By the time I left the hospital at 11:00 pm, I was not about to walk outside in downtown Cleveland at that hour, so I had to have a poor nurse help me find my way back to the ER.

2.) Coloring books are amazing.

Yes, I've joined the craze of people who use grown-up coloring books. It really truly is a stress reliever, and I've started using my paid breaks at work to relax and color. And drink hot chocolate or tea. Self care is kind of awesome.

3.) Snow tubing is AMAZING.

Because my friends and I are completely and totally grown-ups, we spent our catching up time this month barreling down giant hills of snow on tubes. It was fantastic, freezing, and we're definitely going to have to do it again when Jace gets bigger so he can come too!




For more learning posts, check out Emily over at Chatting at the Sky, who is so kind to host these awesome link-ups each month.




Comments

Popular Posts