Welcome

Welcome to my little haven of creative writing, passionate ranting, and thoughtful learning.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sunflower Photo Shoot

I'm often behind the camera, snapping shots of my little family life. And my husband, though I love him, consistently finds the least flattering angles possible to take pictures.

Seriously, I'm not going to sugar coat it, he manages to find a way to snap shots of me that add a third chin and make me look 6 months pregnant (totally not expecting guys. Trust me, I'd be all about telling you if I was because the baby fever is real). Now I realize I'm not tiny, and yes, I've got some over the top curves, but there's a way to take the picture so that's not the first thing you notice.



Therefore, family pictures. We've done professional photo sessions only a handful of times. We did maternity pictures, newborn pictures, first birthday photos, then last year when Jace was three and this year at the Prayers for Maria Sunflower field.


I love them. I love having these beautiful memories of my family, and this year I was swayed by the fact that some of the money would be donated back to the Prayers for Maria Sunflower Field, and since Nathan had childhood cancer, this seemed like a fantastic way to give back a little.


And Arlee (of Azkalynn Photography) was fantastic and easy to work with, and had the gallery for me to proof just a week after the shoot. Not that I need to brag on her too much, you can see for yourself in the beautiful images.



I also couldn't have been happier with my little wild child, who actually cooperated with being photographed, resulting in some amazing melt-my-heart images.



He's normally been pretty cooperative to photograph, which is just one of the many things I love about his mellow personality.