2017: Flourish

Last year, I chose to persevere. That was my word and my intention for 2016, and despite it being another year of challenges, I did.

Things got hard, just as I predicted they would, in ways I couldn't have imagined. But I kept on, I didn't give up, and I truly persevered.

Thinking to 2017, I wanted more than that. I thought hard which word I wanted to use to define my year, and this is where I landed:

flour·ish
[ˈfləriSH]

VERB


  1. (of a person, animal, or other living organism) grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, especially as the result of a particularly favorable environment:
    "wild plants flourish on the banks of the lake"
    synonyms: grow · thrive · prosper · do well · burgeon · increase · 

  2. (of a person) wave (something) around to attract the attention of others:
    "“Happy New Year!” he yelled, flourishing a bottle of whiskey"
    synonyms: brandish · wave · shake · wield · swing · twirl · swish · 

NOUN


  1. a bold or extravagant gesture or action, made especially to attract the attention of others:
    "with a flourish, she ushered them inside"

  2. music
    a fanfare played by brass instruments:
    "a flourish of trumpets"

Rather than spend another year just getting through, this year I want to flourish. I want to take what comes my way, meet it, and exceed what's expected from it. 


This year, I have goals, and I intend to put forth power to meet them.
1.) Read 50 Books 
2.) Achieve and Maintain Goal Weight 
3.) Meditate Daily
4.) Maintain Blog (Minimum 2 posts per month)
5.) Write! 

What goals do you have for 2017? What is your intention for the year? 

Comments

Popular Posts