Welcome

Welcome to my little haven of creative writing, passionate ranting, and thoughtful learning.

Friday, March 3, 2017

Mom Moments (Part 10)



Jace took his tools to work on the faucet in the bathtub:
Jace: Hey mom, where does gwampa keep his tools? Mine just aren't doing the job.


Having mini cheeseburgers for dinner.
Jace: Can I have one piece of bacon for my sandwich?
Me: Sure *Hands him a piece*
Jace: Thanks. Can I have another so this piece doesn't get lonely?


Me: Strip down, it's time to put on PJ's.
Jace: But I don't want to.
Me: Not a choice, it's bedtime and you need PJ's.
Jace: But I want you to do it.
Me: Jace, just get naked.
Jace: *Deep sigh* I'll do the top half, you do the bottom half, does that seem fair?


Jace: Hey mom, do you want a foot massage?
Me: Sure, that sounds lovely. Do you know how to give a foot massage?
Jace: Yep! I walk with my feet on your back.


After finding out I got the new job.
Me: Jace, did dad tell you the good news when he picked you up?
Jace: Um, yeah. Tomorrow's pajama day at school!!


Grandma to Nathan: Your face looks fat all of a sudden.
Nathan: Gee, thanks.
Jace: It's not fat, bloated is the word.


Me: 20 minutes until bedtime, what do you want to do?
Jace: Hmm. Hmm. Um, I don't know. Do I have to take a bath before bed?
Me: No, you got a bath last night and you weren't outside today.
Jace: Oh. But mom, can I please have a bath?