National Best Friends Day

I enjoy some of the silly "national" days.

Like, National Doughnut Day (any excuse to eat a doughnut is good in my book).

And today is National Best Friend day. I have a small group of people I consider my best friends, and I do my best to tell them I love and appreciate them (seriously guys, you're awesome)!

But today, something about it made me think of all of my former best friends. The people who, at one point and time, knew me better than anyone else. They shaped me, and whether we simply grew apart or ended our friendship dramatically, they impacted my life.

To my many former best friends, thank you. Thank you for sleepovers and conversations at 2:00 in the morning, giggling about boys and dreaming of the future. Thanks for being there through dramatic meltdowns, first kisses, first boyfriends, and of course breakups. Thank you for important lessons and teaching me how to move on. Thank you for at one point calling me your best friend.

I think I've finally reached a point where I can look back on the friendships that aren't still thriving without bitterness and regret, but with genuine joy at the fact that they happened at all. I would not be the woman I am today without all the experiences both good and bad. And today felt like a good day to acknowledge that.






Comments

Popular Posts