Bath Paint, Trains for Days and Letting Go (January Learning)

1.) How to make Bath Paint.
   This is brilliant. January was a lets-be-frugal-because-December-was-expensive month, so the fact that I had all the ingredients and we could make bath paint for free was amazing. I asked Jace which colors he wanted and then he was able to paint the walls, the alcoves and himself with blue and green soapy paint. Here is where I found the recipe in case you're interested, and I halved it, which still made plenty to last a few baths of fun.

2.) I'm really not great at working from home.
We were supposed to move into our new office on January 5. The old office was cleaned out, but the new office wasn't quite ready (read: no internet or phone and construction workers still wandering the halls and painting). We all ended up working from home, complete with hooking up our phones. But the problem I have with working from home is that it's really hard for me to stay focused on an office job when my mind is constantly going but I should really run the vacuum, and unload the dishwasher, oh and the dog needs to go out. Needless to say, I was really happy to get into the office and settle into my new work space and routine.

3.) Change is hard. Change involving your child is harder.
With Nathan's new job, we decided to enroll Jace in daycare. After much searching and checking out, I found one that I liked and that had an opening. His mornings are now set up like preschool where he is learning letters and numbers, and getting ready for the all-too-soon day when he will start school. The logical side of me knows that this is a good thing. But the emotional mom side of me sobbed like a baby the first day (okay, the first week) every morning after I dropped him off.

4.) Walking over train tracks in every room is worth it for the smile.
For Christmas Jace received trains. Lots of trains. Enough trains to take over my entire living room and hallway out to the kitchen. There are still more coming from Ohio that we couldn't fit into the car to bring down with us. But you know what? Walking over and sometimes on train tracks every day is just fine with me because I have never seen a toy bring so much joy to Jace, and hey, they hurt a lot less to step on than Legos!

5.) Audio. Books. Complete. My. Life.
I've never really listed to audio books, preferring to actually hold the book and feel the page turn (not big on the e-readers either). But with my new commute meaning that I spend over an hour in my car daily, Monday through Friday, I went to the library and figured I'd give the book on CD option another shot. So very very worth it, because now my drive in rush-home-at-5-traffic is bearable. Almost enjoyable. And listening to audio books on my phone while jogging, or taking Luna out, means I keep going longer because I don't want to turn off the story!


This fun post of learning is linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky, check her out and (if you blog) share what this month has taught you as well!

Comments

Popular Posts