Sploot! [August Learning]

Here's what I learned in August!



1.) What I've called "Frog Dog" is officially called a "Sploot."


And Maverick has a super cute sploot.

2.) There is a penis museum in Iceland.

It's the only museum in the world dedicated to this particular piece of anatomy, which is completely random and yet also fascinating.

3.) The German's where very against medical testing on animals, but had no problem using prisoners in concentration camps to test new drugs.

4.) Cedar Point is offering a free Pre-K season pass for 2018

For the first time, Cedar Point is offering free admission for kids age 3-5, get yours here!

5.) Parent swap is a brilliant idea for amusement parks




Jace visited Cedar Point for the first time this month, and we did parent swap. So, while two people waited in line for 45 minutes to an hour for a coaster, the other two took the tiny human to play on the little rides and then swapped off and got to ride the coasters too. Win-win-win.

2017 Goals Update:

I laid out goals for myself this year, and what better time to check in with them then my monthly learning post? Here's where things stand currently.

1.) Read 50 books!

Current Status:

2.) Meditate daily

Current Status: Daily, no. Occasionally, yes.

3.) Maintain Blog

Current Status: Post number 4 of the month, another successful month in the life of this blogger.

4.) Write!

Current Status: I did not do as much writing this month as last month, but I was also throwing myself into enjoying summer! Hopefully with the start of the school year for Nathan and Jace I'll have a little more time to focus on my writing.

Comments

Popular Posts