Whirlwind

When the going gets tough, the blog is the first to go.

That's how the saying goes, right?
No?
Okay, well it was worth a shot.

Most of you all are aware of the whirlwind that Nathan's been through the past month. Crohn's is a mean disease, and he's fought it for 24 years, but this time it caught up to him and resulted in a major surgery. He started out at a hospital in Lexington, ended up in Cleveland, Ohio, and will finally be coming home to me today!

It all started with an emergency room visit June 21, so you can only imagine how anxious I am to have him home and to regain some semblance of normal.

But the silver lining in all of this chaos and hardship, has been the reminder that words cannot express the compassion of our community. Our family, friends, church family, extended relatives, people close and far away have been here. They have supported us in prayer, in finances, in hope, and in practical ways like babysitting or looking after the cats. I have been overwhelmed by the love and the way that everything has worked out.


When things have gotten bad, there has always been someone to step in and say, "How can I help?" When we were convinced the only option was to move back to Ohio, move in with parents, work made it possible for us to stay in our home. To keep our life.
When Jace's daycare closed down, making it seem worse, I found another. One that actually is less expensive, and despite my mom worries, he loves it. He tells me every night about his new friends, and playing on the big playground.
When I've been here alone, being a single mom and full time employee, I've had friends text, call, and invite me over to keep me company, knowing that doing it alone is hard.
And Jace, he has been amazing. He asks about daddy, he misses daddy, but being home with just me, he has done so good and I am so, so blessed to have a little boy that rolls with the punches.

I'm hoping now, as we get closer to normal, I can get back into my writing. As we prepare for a second surgery in October, I hope to be able to keep up with this, but hey, even if not, I will always come back eventually, because I cannot stay away from writing.



Comments

Popular Posts