Things I'm Loving {January '17}

Welcome to the first link up of 2017! Each month on the 15th I will be posting a blog dedicated solely to things I'm loving, things that bring me joy, and just adding a little intentional positivity to my little corner of the world.

If you're a fellow blogger, please be encouraged to join in and spend a little time thinking about what's happened in the month that's bringing you happiness!



1.) Muscle Memory

I finally got back into the pool this month, and was surprised at how quickly my body jumped back into  the movements and rhythm of swimming laps.

2.) Gratitude Journal

In an attempt to be more positive, there's a theory that you can retrain your brain to think less about the negative. so I picked up a journal that contains prompts, quotes, and reminders, and the idea is that each day I jot down things I'm thankful for. And honestly, I have noticed a difference by making the effort to notice something good, and take the time to write it into the book. At the end of every day, even if there are only two things noted, that's two things that made me thankful and happy.



3.) More regular yoga practice

I've written before about how much I enjoy yoga, but meetings and business and generally not making it a priority means it fell by the wayside. So far in 2017 I've gone to yoga sculpting class I've gone every week and the upcoming week looks good to make it for week three!

4.) Black Mirror 

It's a series on Netflix that's being hailed as the new Twilight Zone, which I used to enjoy watching with my mom. I'm almost finished with season 1, and thus far I'm finding it strange in a satisfying and addicting way.

5.) Reading Challenge

One of my goals for this year was to read 50 books, and having that goal has made me more intentional about finding the time to read. Thus far I've read three books, and I'm hoping to keep up this momentum, because exceeding my goal would be just peachy with me!



If you decide to join in, please add your link below! 

Comments

Popular Posts