Facials and Faith [February Learning]

As usual, the last day of the month I like to look back and see what I've learned over the days, and encourage friends to blog about it as well!




1.)  Lecto Divino

At church one week instead of a sermon, we did bible reading in the style of lecto divino as a whole church. And it was amazing, a very different way to read the word and listen.

2.) Facials

Hyland offers facials once a week for less than any salon I've seen, so I wanted to try one. It was soothing, and wonderful (except for the removing blackheads part. That part was a little bit painful) and I was amazed at how much more smooth my skin was afterward. She also was able to offer me some great tips to help me keep my skin healthy and hopefully get this stress acne under control.

3.) Detroit! 

Nathan and I  took a trip to Detroit the weekend after Valentine's day to see The Lion King and it was our first trip to Detroit together. I learned a little bit about the city, and had a lot of fun and food (Michael Symon's restaurant Roast. Best food ever.).


2017 Goals Update:


I laid out goals for myself this year, and what better time to check in with them then my monthly learning post? Here's where things stand currently.

1.) Read 50 books!

Current Status: I am still ahead, but not by the great leap I was before.

2.) Achieve and maintain goal weight.

Current Status: I gained back two pounds. Not what I was hoping to do, but I also barely worked out this month and kind of ate whatever I wanted. That's what stress does to me.

3.) Meditate daily

Current Status: Instead of improving, somehow this month I actually did worse. I think I meditated once a week. Maybe.

4.) Maintain Blog

Current Status: While not as impressive as my January, February continued my dedication to keeping the blog alive with four posts.

5.) Write!

Current Status: I wrote a short 500 word piece and submitted it to Babble. Currently their submissions are on hold until April, so it will be a while before I hear anything back. But I did it. And sometime in March, I will write and submit again. Because even a 500 word piece is 500 creative words in the right direction.

Comments

Popular Posts