Peanut Butter Soup!

This is a fall and winter favorite in my house, and I will just admit now that any guest I have every prepared this for has asked for the recipe. So here it is, step by step.

Peanut Butter Soup

Ingredients
1 C onion diced
1 Tbs. garlic
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
.5 tsp. cayenne pepper
.5 C carrot
.5 C celery
.25 C red bell pepper
2 C sweet potato
4 C chicken broth
2 C cooked chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
.5 C peanut butter (or more if you love PB)

Chop up all veggies into bite sized pieces (as small as you want.)
Saute onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper until onion becomes soft.
Add carrots, celery, red bell pepper, sweet potato and cook for a few minutes.
Add chicken broth, chicken, diced tomatoes and peanut butter and bring to a boil.
Then reduce heat and let simmer for at least 10 minutes. The longer you let it simmer, the better it tastes (which also means it is delicious warmed up for lunch!). 

Yesterday when I made it I decided to make it in the crockpot instead, so I cooked all the ingredients on high for 3 1/2 hours and enjoyed :) Either way it tastes great!



Comments

Popular Posts