For a reason.

Two of my good friends have been doing a mini-series of sorts on their blog. They call it "God Moments."
I've enjoyed reading the moments of their lives that they know were some divine intervention, and recently I've been having one of those moments myself.

Last week, my husband lost his job. It was a seasonal job, something temporary, so we knew eventually it would happen. However, we were told he would have until the end of March, so we were still taken a bit by surprise.

The unexpected added stress, I think, jump started a sickness I'd been feeling. I've been sick for nearly a week now, which is the longest I've been under the weather in a long time. I went to bed at 6pm Friday night and slept 14 hours. I have not stayed still for 14 hours since... ever. And since I've not completed 90 days as a full time employee, I do not have sick days and vacation days yet.

Yes, all the above sound like bad things.

Realistically, they are bad things.

But here's where the good comes in.
Upon hearing that I was now the only person with income for my little family, my supervisor mentioned that a good friend of his had some job openings. He encouraged Nathan to put in an application. That day, Nathan got a call for an interview. Nothing is guaranteed of course, and Nathan is still looking and applying, but when he left the interview he actually felt confident that it went well.

Friday afternoon, when I was feeling completely awful, I was told to go home. Rest. Don't worry about it, just get better. And then Monday, the toddler had what I had. We weren't sure if he was contagious or not, but Nathan had his interview and I was supposed to work. I explained the situation and asked if there was any way I could work from home for a couple hours, and the answer was "of course." I wasn't made to feel like less of an employee because I am also a mom, I wasn't told that if I had to take the afternoon I wouldn't be paid. I was reassured that I could work from home and to let them know how the interview went for Nathan.

This job, these people, all the goodness. I have to believe this is where I'm meant to be right now. Because this past week could have been awful. It could have been overwhelming. But instead, all I can do is count my blessings.



Comments

Popular Posts