Three Years Blogging!

Things have certainly changed since March 2013 when I started this blog. At that time I was a stay at home mom waiting for the pool season to start to be a lifeguard manager.  My baby boy was almost one year old and my husband was still a college student.

Now, my baby is about to turn four, he has requested a Paw Patrol party with cake and straw-babies, he attends preschool twice a week, and I can have a conversation with him. I'm not a seasonal employee at the pool, but a full time employee at Hyland Software (for two months today!), in Westlake, Ohio instead of Berea, Kentucky. I still have my husband, and ironically he's in the process of figuring out how to go back to school.

In the last year, I did not meet my blogging goals. I wanted to post at least once a month, but missed three months. I did not post creative writing pieces, because I did not creatively write. I let the year run over me and stopped taking time for myself to write, which is foolish when I know that my writing is my therapy. I knew that when I began this blog, and to ignore it for the last year, well that was quite an oversight on my part.

This year, I would like to try again. I would like to recommit. Here are my goals, and my handful of regular readers (you know who you awesome folks are) please keep me accountable.

  • Post my learning link up at the end of each month.
  • Take on one blog writing challenge.
  • Post cute snippets of Jace quotes (so I don't forget them, and to share the cuteness)
  • Generally update about my life, in as interesting a way as possible. 
  • Update the other portions of this blog (About Me, For the Love of Books)
  • Go no more than 21 days without posting something new
These goals are not unreasonable, they are absolutely attainable, and I'm going to do my best to makes sure they are met this yet, not out of obligations, but because I deserve to spend time focused on my writing and doing what I enjoy.

So, many thanks to those who have been reading since that first rambling post three years ago, and I hope to keep your interest as I write my way through another year of life!

Comments

Popular Posts