A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

I love events and I love details. I've told Nathan for years that if I thought it could support us, I would adore being an event planner.

The details of decorations and menu and a theme: it's enjoyable.

So I convinced Lindsay (it wasn't hard to do) that we should have a Roaring 20's Great Gatsby party, obviously insisting that everyone dress up.

We are both list people, so armed with a Google Doc and a Pinterest Board, we tackled the details and did the research for hosting a memorable gathering.

Decorations:


Starting with the front door, I used Microsoft Publisher to make some of my own 8x10 signs to decorate.




We had these posted throughout, most just for a laugh and to help set the tone.




Additionally, Lindsay and I stuck with a color scheme of silver, gold and black.




Music:

Interesting discovery for myself, as I started mixing together some swing music and the modern Great Gatsby soundtrack, I came to the conclusion that I really like swing.

Here's the playlist I put together for the night.

Food:


I have to give credit to Lindsay for the menu, because she is very much the foodie in our relationship.

]

Tuxedo Popcorn


Wrapped Chocolate Bars


Shrimp Cocktail, Crudites with Dip and Deviled Eggs 


Red Velvet Cupcakes


The overall spread: including s'mores cheese dip, spinach artichoke mushrooms, and pastry wrapped sausages. 


Alcohol: 


And, of course, the booze had to be rather central.




Costuming:

One of my favorite parts for throwing this party was that it wasn't going to cost anyone a lot to throw together a costume. I found my dress on ThredUp for $10, and the accessories came for Amazon for less than $20. Nathan's entire costume was put together from Goodwill for under $20 as well. We used the Pinterest board to pin ideas and having the group dressed up together, well I'd say we all looked pretty dapper.








Overall, it was a fantastic evening spent playing poker, chatting, and eating way too much food. And having a group of friends that would show up dressed up as if they belonged in the '20s made it even better!

Comments

Popular Posts