Documentaries, Scarecrows and Legos [September Learning]




1.) Huntington, WV is the overdose capital of the US. 

I watched the documentary "Heroin(e)" on Netflix, because with the epidemic of drugs, it's better to be informed than ignorant.

2.) Scarecrows also scare dogs.

While decorating for fall, Jace and I decided to get a scarecrow. During the day, both pups are fine, but when we take them out at night, they suddenly get very freaked out by this figure. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it amusing.

3.) Legos end up EVERYWHERE

 I knew that stepping on Legos was painful, but I did not know that they would turn up in:
- The floor of almost every room in the house
- The staircase
- The washer after being left in pockets
- Most random so far: inside the cupboard with all the baking supplies


2017 Goals Update:

I laid out goals for myself this year, and what better time to check in with them then my monthly learning post? Here's where things stand currently.

1.) Read 50 books!

Current Status: I am a mere 5 books away from completing this goal!

2.) Meditate daily

Current Status: Daily, no. Occasionally, yes.

3.) Maintain Blog

Current Status: Post number 4 of the month, another successful month in the life of this blogger.

4.) Write!

Current Status: I continued working on my short story, and looking for prompts for more contexts and submissions.

Comments

Popular Posts