Things I'm Loving {October '17}

October is flying by, but despite its speed I've found a lot to love! If you're a fellow blogger, please link up with a post of what you're loving!



1.) Kathy Harrison

Kathy Harrison is an author and a foster mom, and I've now devoured two of her books. She has an easy to read writing style, with compelling stories to share.





2.) Rewatching Stranger Things

Season 2 comes to Netflix on October 27th, and I wanted to be prepared.






Dustin Henderson: Did you ever think maybe Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?
Mike Wheeler: Dustin shut up…
Dustin Henderson: I'm just saying: does that seem smart to you?



3.) Mom time

With my mom! Seriously, this amazing woman came up on October 4th and is going home tomorrow. She's been here to babysit while Nathan and I take the majority of our foster care training classes. In addition to not having to worry about finding childcare, she cleaned the house, did the laundry, cooked dinner every night, baked cookies and other desserts, washed dishes, sewed a draft stopper to put in front of the front door, cut and dyed my hair, did a couple sewing projects I hadn't had time to do, and otherwise just made my life so much easier.



4.) Foster care training

The 6 hour Saturday classes are long, but still very captivating. With each class and each grain of new information I get, the more convinced I feel that I was made to do this. I was absolutely designed to open my home to children, to show them stability, and to love them entirely knowing that they may go home to their parents.

5.)  Bangs! 

I brought back my bangs, one of my favorite hairstyles from the last few years. Hopefully this time I can keep up with them!.



Comments

Popular Posts