Achieving Goals

My church is currently doing a version of Biggest Loser. Over ten weeks we will try to make healthier decisions with the fellowship and support of our fellow members and track our weight each Sunday morning. Nathan and I both signed up to do it, and I am doing many different things to try to get myself healthier and have more energy. I'm drinking more water, eating more fruits and vegetables, walking and exercising a whole lot more, and trying to make sure I get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night. So far I think it's really working!
My weight became an issue after my pregnancy. I gained about 70 pounds while pregnant, and gave birth to a 7 pound 14 oz. infant. See the issue?
So about 6 weeks after he was born I took a picture to start my weight loss motivation and journey. I took another after walking a mile and a half this morning with Luna.
Here is the change almost a year later:

Left-                             Right-
May 2012                     March 2013
208 lbs.                         181 lbs.




Impressive isn't it? I was motivated to keep working! I'll try to post another picture at the end of the Biggest Loser contest.
Oh! One last shout out, there is an app called Charity Miles. As long as you have a smartphone you can download and use it. I LOVE this app, because I pick a charity, go for a walk, and it donates money based on how many miles I walk! I use it when I take Luna for a walk in the morning, when it's nice enough for Jace and I to go out for a walk, whenever I can. It makes me feel even better about being active.

Comments

Popular Posts