Welcome

Welcome to my little haven of creative writing, passionate ranting, and thoughtful learning.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Mom Moments (Part 6)

This needs no introduction, but just allow me to say, he's my favorite.

Swimming at the pool.
Jace: The swim pants are in my butt mom!
Me: That's called a wedgie.
Jace: Okay. I have a wedgie mom!


I come in from the backyard and Jace is on the couch.
Jace: MOM! MOM!
Me: What is it? What's wrong?
Jace: *Solemly* There's a bee on me.
Me: Where??
Jace: On my neck.
Me: *Rushes over to check* Dude, that's not a bee, it's a mosquito. Just squish it.
Jace: Oh.



Aunt Elise comes to the Memorial Day Picnic wearing red lipstick.
Jace: Aunt Weiss! Hey, you have funny chapstick on.


At Mimi and Grandpa Bongo's house, after parking the Camero.
Grandpa: It just needs to cool down, I was hot rodding it.
Mimi: You better not get a speeding ticket!
Jace: What's a speedy ticket?


I was using the android version of Siri on my phone.
Me: Is symbolistically a word?
Phone: I will do a web search on simplistically.
Me: I know simplistically is a word, you're useless Siri.
Jace: Who's Siri???

*I realized later the world I was mentally searching for was symbolically*


Jace has been going on for about 5 minutes about something with dinner.
Me: So wait, you can't use the macaroni fork?
Jace: I can't eat the macaroni with the chicken fork! That's what I've been trying to tell you!!!


At the beach.
Jace: I'm going to make a sand angel mom!
Me: That doesn't work the same as a snow angel!
Jace: Aww, really?


Aunt Lindsay was checking her mail.
Lindsay: Yes, the mail is here, I've been waiting for something! Nope. Damn it. And nope. Of course it didn't come.
Jace: Can I see?
Lindsay: There's nothing to see, it's not the mail I wanted.
Jace: But I want to see the damn it.

*We explained that damn it is not nice to say and she really meant darn it, don't worry*