Pinterest Snack Time

Every so often I go on a Pinterest kick and try to make all kinds of things that I've seen and pinned. And while I tend to pin a lot of desserts, I try to make the healthier ideas first.
Like the Sour Patch Grapes.
I love gummy candy. Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, gummy worms etc. I will sit and eat a whole bag without even noticing how many I've eaten. It's an issue. Especially because there is nothing at all healthy about those snacks.
However if you take green grapes and coat them with watermelon jello mix the taste very candy-like, but obviously healthier. And I like to pop them in the freezer because, well, frozen grapes are yummy, frozen candy like grapes= AMAZING.
The hubby and baby love them too.
But, as a disclaimer, I told a couple friends of mine to try them. One thought they were awesome, the other's description "Ick."
So I guess it's not a universal yummy. However, I made my second batch last night and was still in love.


Could it get any simpler though? I'd recommend putting the watermelon mix into a tupperware container and shaking it, then put the grapes into whatever you want to store them in and pop them in the freezer.


If you end up trying them, let me know what you think! Or if you try them with a different flavor of Jello mix.

xoxo,
Camille

Comments

Popular Posts